Ministry of Sound Group Ltd.
No label encapsulates dance music's international explosion and restless creativity quite like Global Underground. Set up by two Geordie clubbers who literally bounced off the dance-floor and into the record business, this resolutely independent label quickly established an untouchable reputation for cutting edge dance music of the very highest quality, which continues to this day. Global Underground is still at the cutting edge of electronic music and DJ led compilation albums, this is alongside hosting worldwide branded events and tours with the finest DJ talent from across the globe.
A decade ago the original idea was simple: Global Underground would take DJs to play a party in one of the most unusual, exotic clubbing locations on Earth. The two CD-set would capture the night, the atmosphere and the visit in music, beautiful photography and detailed liner notes. Small wonder the biggest DJs in the world clamoured for a place on the roster. Sasha, Paul Oakenfold, Deep Dish, John Digweed, Danny Tenaglia, Nick Warren, Dave Seaman, and Darren Emerson are just some of the names that have graced those distinctive image led covers. Along the way, and for the thousands who buy the albums, go to the parties and get into fierce debates on the notorious message-board, Global Underground has become more than an internationally renowned dance music label. It's become a way of life.
- Over 1 million albums sold UK and internationally
- Albums from the world's most legendary DJ's including Sasha, Paul Oakenfold and Danny Tenaglia
- Sales of over 50,000 GU compilations in 2009
- Over 200 GU branded parties per year worldwide attended by over 50,000 people
- Events all over the globe from Ibiza to Miami, Poland, Hong Kong, Dubai, Australia, Singapore and many more
- 40 date DJ tours in support of every album release
- Web reach of approx 24,000 visits per month via globalunderground.co.uk
- Social networking reach in excess of 10,000 fans